Museum Development East Midlands (MDEM) has added another course to the June training programme. Hilary McGowan, Resilience and Governance Consultant http://www.hilarymcgowan.co.uk will be delivering a half day workshop on Succession Planning on Wednesday 10th June at Grantham Museum from 10am-1pm. Drinks and biscuits will be provided for delegates.
This is an excellent opportunity for those working and volunteering in independent museums to ensure that their organisations can look forward to a sustainable future. It will also be invaluable to local authorities considering setting up trusts. Hilary is a highly respected expert in this area and we are delighted to be able to offer this training opportunity to museums in the East Midlands.
This workshop will cover:
- Succession Planning: what does it mean?
- why now is never too early
- what a Plan should look like
- how to decide what you need
- long standing trustees: how not to offend them
What you will take away:
- a Recruitment Toolkit
- the beginning of your Plan
- how to use the Magic Matrix
- how to have those difficult conversations
- what to do next
Who is it for?
- Trustees of independent museums
- local authorities setting up trusts
- paid or voluntary managers of independent museums
- Museum Development Officers and their managers
Places on the course are FREE to people working or volunteering in museums and heritage organisations across the East Midlands. However, there will be a charge of £25 if delegates who have booked a place do not attend on the day and do not contact us in advance to cancel.
For further information and to book a place on the course, please contact Anita Hollinshead on 07876 166742 or email@example.com.