Tuesday 6th and Thursday 8th May
All Saints Church, A52, Benington, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE22 0DZ
Benington Community Heritage Trust is looking for volunteer Tour Guides to conduct tours of All Saints Church in Benington, a beautiful Grade I listed medieval building.
As a tour guide you will help visitors to understand the history and significance of this nationally important building by leading small groups around the church on special events and open days.
You will be playing an important role in the Beonna at All Saints project which aims to conserve and adapt the building for the benefit of current and future generations through its creative re-use as an activity and events centre. By becoming a part of this exciting project you will have the opportunity to:
– Try something new
– Gain valuable work experience
– Develop new skills
– Further an interest in local history / architecture
– Meet new people
No previous experience is necessary. This free two day training event will include:
– An introduction to Benington Community Heritage Trust and the Beonna at All Saints project
– A tour of All Saints Church
– An illustrated talk on church history and architecture
– A guided tour of Lincoln Cathedral
– Free time for shopping in Lincoln
– Lunch will be provided on both days
One day will be based at Benington and one day in Lincoln, both sessions should be attended in order to complete the training. Transport to Lincoln from the Benington area can be provided or travel expenses can be reimbursed.
Booking is essential as places are limited. For further information and to reserve your place please contact email@example.com or call 01529 461499. To become a volunteer tour guide you must be aged 18 or over.
Download the Tour guide training poster for more information.